Among the fundamental obligations on the vehicle operator in accordance with § 21. 1 point. d) of Act no. 725/2004 Coll. on conditions of vehicle in road transport and amending certain laws, as amended, is to ensure that the vehicle has been fitted with mandatory equipment.
Mandatory equipment is given by § 16 Ministry of Transport Decree no. 464/2009 Coll., laying down details on the operation of vehicles in road transport.
- approved portable warning triangle – applies to passenger cars, trucks, buses, tractors and self-propelled machines
- reflective safety clothing – applies to passenger cars, trucks, buses, tractors and self-propelled machines.
- spare wheel with disc and spare tyre of prescribed type and size – applies to passenger cars, trucks and buses.
- first aid kit – applies to motorcycles above 50 cm3, tricycles above 50 cm3, four wheelers above 50 cm3, passenger cars, trucks, buses, tractors and self-propelled machines
- non slip (snow) chains in their dimensions designed for at least one of the driving axles between 15. November to 31. March – for trucks above 12 tons.
- wheel chock – applies to motor vehicles with a maximum permitted weight exceeding 3,5 tons and trailer with a maximum permitted weight exceeding 750 kg.
- fire extinguisher – mandatory equipment of trucks over 3,5 tons, buses with up to 22 seats, tractors and self-propelled machines
Mandatory equipment is no longer spare electrical fuses, spare bulbs and tow rope.
The local ordinance leaves the choice to the operator of the vehicle (such as vest, jumpsuit, pants, jacket...
Bags of mandatory equipment
Company PANACEA, s.r.o., has established its own tailoring workshop with production of equipment bags with...
Portable warning triangle must be approved by ECE Regulation No. 27, and it is placed over emergency stop,...
§ 16 Ministry of Transport Decree no. 464/2009 Coll. mention no tow rope in determining the components of...
The fire extinguisher is mandatory equipment for trucks over 3.5 tons, buses with up to 22 seats, tractors...